Saturday, July 16, 2011

Patty

So yesterday, I had a lunch date with my friend, Patty, who is also running the half marathon with me in November!  She has done 2 half marathons so far.  She's like me, in that last summer, she started from scratch, and worked her way up to a half marathon!  

Here's a picture-  Patty is 2nd from the left, then Beth, and then our friend Cate who runs as well, but told me yesterday she'd stick with 5K races ;)


Well anyways, our lunch turned into an awesome 4 hour conversation :)  We talked a lot about running and she gave me a lot of helpful advice, especially since she started from zero as well.  She's also a middle school teacher (we're both crazy, we know), so we talked about school some too, but tried to steer away from it because it's summertime and we didn't want to think too much about school!  She also hooked me up with a Fitness magazine that is the special half marathon edition, so I plan to read that today :)

Patty is an amazing friend and is VERY encouraging to me and so many others!  I'm so thankful for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment