Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 2

July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I figured I would take a day off between runs so my body can get used to this whole new idea of running!  I was a little bit sore yesterday, but it wasn't bad at all.

Today I was a little more successful about getting up on time to go run this morning :)  I went back to the same trail I did for my first run.  This time I did 2:30 minutes running, and 2 minutes walking.  It was a little bit more challenging to run today.  I'm wondering if Day 1 run went so easily because I was running on some adrenaline because I was getting started on my new goal.  Today my muscles are still recovering from the run the other day.  But regardless, I made it through and was able to stick to my intervals.

Since it's a holiday, the trail wasn't as crowded, so that was nice.  But one thing that is fun about running is being able to do some people-watching.  Didn't see any interesting or extreme characters today, but I will definitely keep you posted if I do ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! Way to go! You inspire me!!
    XOXO,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay we are going to be sooo fit after we run our 1/2s!!! cant wait to here how shoes shopping went!

    ReplyDelete