Saturday, July 16, 2011

Everlasting Love

...by Gloria Estefan is the song of the day :)

The weather has been SO nice the past few days!  This morning I was finally able to run outside :)  It was 65/70 degrees, which was awesome!  And I realized it was the first day I've run outside with my new shoes - made a big difference. 

Today's distance:  4 MILES!  :)  I'll be honest, I'm pretty impressed with myself.  I think I'm going to stick with 3 or 4 miles for the next couple weeks.  Don't want to burn myself out too early!  I'll work on walking less and running more, and once I get that where I want it, we'll add distance come August.

Where I run is about a 2 mile loop, so therefore I went around twice... I guess with being a math teacher, that helped me figure it out ;)  The first loop I did the set interval I've been doing the past week or so.  By the time I did the second loop, it had warmed up and I was getting hot, so I just ran and walked when I felt up for it.  I kind of went by my songs - run a song, walk a song.  Worked out pretty well.  I was still able to run a good chunk of the second half.

A couple days ago, I got this thing called Nike+.  You put a chip in your shoe, and it connects to your iPod.  It calculates how far you went, the time, and how many calories.  It's pretty sweet!  And then there is a voice that tells you when you're half way, and it counts down the last 400 meters.  Then you upload it to the Nike website and it keeps a log of all your runs and times. It will be fun to see the progress!

Oh, and while I was running, I ran into (ha, no pun intended) two friends of mine, Sarah and Brooke, who are also running in the same half marathon as me in November.  So it was a nice surprise to see them :)

Until next time!

1 comment: