Monday, July 4, 2011

Old School

I remembered seeing on Facebook that my friend, Katie C., had posted something about signing up for a race in November.  Katie had just run a marathon in San Diego a few weeks ago - so she's hardcore!  More power to ya!  I'll stick with 13.1 miles, versus her 26.2!

Well I sent her a message, and sure enough it's the same race I'm doing! (they have a half and full marathon the same day).

Here's the background on Katie:  I have known her since kindergarten.  I can't remember exactly what classes we had together in elementary school, but I know it was at least 3 or 4!  She rode my bus, so we had many laughs sitting in the back 2 rows of the bus with our other friends who we grew up with in our neighborhood.  We went to the same same middle school and continued our bus riding adventures together, but then when it came time for high school, and we went to different schools and lost touch.

Thanks to the wonders of Facebook, we reconnected sometime in college.  Then we both graduated and she moved back to Raleigh as well.  A few months into my first year of teaching, I discovered that she was a teacher too (she works with elementary special education kids).  Well, as a lot of you know, the first year of teaching is FAR from easy.  So we reconnected and survived our first year of teaching together, sharing our crazy experiences and crazy stories.

Even though she's already way ahead of me in terms of running skills (I mean really, she just ran a marathon!), she has already been VERY encouraging and has offered to go on runs with me!  Yay!

I love reconnecting with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment