Thursday, October 6, 2011

Problem

I'm starting to get shin splints :(  My brother has had them, so he gave me some exercises to do, and then my exercise sports science friends told me to do ice cup massages.  Hopefully this will help.

They started over the past week or so and they'd only hurt every now and then, and going up/down stairs.  Now it's slowly starting to creep into my running more. Not good.  I did run 4 miles today, and it was a little painful.

I just have to make it through ONE MORE MONTH of training.  Thank goodness.  I've been running regularly since July, and to be honest, I'm just about tired of running during the week. It's more of the forcing myself to go run during the week nights so I can make it through my weekend long run.  Stuff at work is picking up and it's getting dark earlier... so a perfect scenario to not go run.  But I'm a person that if I don't go run, I will feel guilty, and I know I will have to pay for it the next time I run because it will be harder.  Ughhhhh.  I was warned that this feeling would surface about this time... Gotta find a way to plug through it.

Plan is to run 8 miles on Saturday with Katie and Patty.  I do know that going with them will give me some motivation.

Time to go ice the shins!

No comments:

Post a Comment