Saturday, October 1, 2011

5.2

This past Thursday I ended up running a little over five miles (5.2 to be exact).  I was at a teacher conference all week, and on our way home we stopped at a southern cooking restaurant and I ate chicken tenders, mac and cheese, green beans, and a biscuit... or two.  MMM comfort food.  I think I'm going to blame that for my run not going as well as I wanted.

As I made my way around, I was not being consistent about my intervals. I walked more than normal and ran less, haha.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I was going to stop after 4 miles, but then I get a text from my friend Patty, who is doing the race with me.  The text was about running, so it gave me the little extra push to go one more mile, which I knew I needed to do (especially with the 10k this weekend).

And then it got dark and it was time to go home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment