Monday, September 12, 2011

Girl Power!

Life is officially back in full swing!  So that makes finding time to run more difficult.

Since my last post, two days later I did my cross training class.  I was feeling ambitious that night and decided to do a Zumba class right afterwards.  Not the best decision.  The next morning my ankle hurt, and after teaching all day, it was pretty swollen.  Bummer.  I think it was a result of a lot of the jumping activities involved in both classes.  So I iced it down and propped it up!  I knew going into the weekend that it'd probably be better to take a couple days off so I wouldn't mess up my ankle even more.  Well, conveniently (I guess), I woke up Saturday with a fever and a cold (that's what happens when you work in a germ-breeding zone!), so that meant lots of rest for the weekend, which allowed my ankle to heal back up!

Last Tuesday, I still was congested, so running still wasn't an option.  Kind of have to be able to breathe when you run - it always helps ;)  So I opted for swimming!  It was fun and it brought back a lot of college swim team memories!

Thursday, I finally got back around to running.  It had been a little over week since I ran and so I knew it wasn't going to be fun or easy!  I did three miles, but did more walking than usual.  It was not a very good workout (as in when I finished, I didn't feel like I had accomplished much).  My ankle hurt a little bit, but was fine by the end, and is still fine now :)

Saturday, the plan was to get up and run in the morning since the mornings are finally cool again! (yay 60 degree weather!).  Well..... the school week caught up to me, and I woke up later than planned (go figure, what's new?!).  By the time I got up, was alert, and got to the trail, it was already 11am and it was warming up quickly.  The high was supposed to be near 90.  I planned doing 4 miles, but after the first 2 mile loop, I was hot and tired, so I ended it short.  BUT I told myself that since I ended early, I would HAVE to get up Sunday morning and run before church.

And I did :)  4 miles. And there was this pretty sunrise to accompany me on my run.  If you know me, you know I LOVE sunrises/sunsets, so it was awesome.



Oh, and there were these two girl runners (about my age) I passed a couple times going the opposite way around the loop, and every time I passed them they would say "You go girl!  Girl power! Yay girl runners!"  and then they gave me a high five.  So fun :)

I'm a week behind or so on my running plan since last weekend I was sick.  But, first off - I am NOT a hardcore runner, so sticking to the plan doesn't bother me too much, and second off - my theory is as long as I'm running (no matter what the distance), I'll be okay.  So, yeah.

Sorry that was a lot!

Side note - I've had a couple friends who have told me that I've inspired them to get into running again, so that's pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment