Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's official....

....I think I can officially classify myself as a runner.....

Why, you ask?

I was almost finished with my 3 miles that I had planned on running today, and I thought to myself, "I can keep going a little longer until 3.5 miles." ....and that turned into, "Well, I've done 3.5 miles, might as well make it a whole number and run 4 miles!"

Yep, it's official.  I'm crazy.  I mean really, who in their right mind runs one more mile just for fun?  I guess this kid does.  I'm glad that it's finally getting to the point where a mile goes by pretty fast.  I hope this keeps up for all those 13.1 miles... eek!


I've learned that if I plan a day ahead the days I am going to run, I am in a better mood when I go because I mentally prepare and psych myself up!  Thankfully, that was the case today :)

The plan was to run 3 miles, and up my intervals a little bit.  I've been doing 3 min run, 1 min walk for the past few weeks.  I've decided that on my runs during the week, since they're shorter, to run 4 min and walk 1 min.  And I will say, I was successful!

So it turned into 4 miles today!  I was really into my music.... I might have done some singing/dancing as I was running... of course, this was at points where there was no one around me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment